- This event has passed.
A MANUAL THERAPY APPROACH TO TREATING DISORDERS OF THE REPRODUCTIVE PELVIS
November 3, 2017 @ 9:00 am - November 5, 2017 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Mastery Level
For the reproductive pelvis to be in good health it has to have appropriate physiological motion of the sacrum and illium including the coccyx. The coccyx, bladder, uterus and supporting ligaments will be addressed in both lecture and lab. Embryology of the areas are also discussed regarding why pain presentation can and will be varied. Areas covered are bony dysfunctions, visceral dysfunctions, infections and adhesions, ligamentous strains and general pain patterns.
Treatment and assessment will include Chapman’s Reflexes, visceral techniques, and other specific Manual Therapy approaches.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of the reproductive pelvis.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal somatic imbalances in the autonomic nervous system of the reproductive pelvis.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the imbalances in the autonomic nervous system and bony system, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the autonomic implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, November 3, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, November 4, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 5, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811