If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
A MANUAL THERAPY APPROACH TO TREATING DISORDERS OF THE TRIGEMINAL, SYMPATHETIC AND VAGAL INTERFACE AS SEEN IN COMMON PAIN PATTERNS AND INFLAMMATORY CONDITIONS
December 8, 2017 @ 9:00 am - December 10, 2017 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Mastery Level
The trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve are interconnected in dealing with systemic inflammatory conditions. New research points to the sympathetic arm of this triad being more problematic in inflammatory conditions.
This class looks at this new information and changes some long held beliefs in treating inflammatory conditions through Manual Therapy.
Embryology of CN 5, CN 10 and the sympathetic neurology will be covered in both lecture and laboratory sessions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal imbalances in the trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the imbalances in the trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of trigeminal, sympathetic and vagus nerve dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, December 8, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, December 9, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 10, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811