If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
AN INTEGRATED MANUAL THERAPY APPROACH TO THE CELIAC GANGLIA TO THE PELVIC GANGLIA
October 21, 2016 @ 9:00 am - October 23, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
This class will be a comprehensive and integrated look at the functional unit that encompasses the Celiac to Pelvic ganglia. This class is one in a series of Ursa courses on how to assess and treat imbalances in the autonomic nervous system as they related to health and disease.
The concepts of autonomic nervous system imbalance is fairly unique to the Ursa Institute model and learning how to include them in your clinical practice will separate you from your peers.
Embryology, anatomy, and the neurophysiology of interactions between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems will be discussed as they relate to the functional cross-talk that occurs in this area.
The lectures will provide a clear understanding as to the why to the systematic treatment approaches. The how of these approaches will be presented in lab so they make good physiological sense for minimizing autonomic nervous dysfunction from Celiac through Ganglia Impar (the last Pelvic Ganglia).
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of Celiac to Pelvic ganglia dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal treat imbalances in the autonomic nervous system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the imbalances in the autonomic nervous system, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the autonomic implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of autonomic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, October 21, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, October 22, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, October 23, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM