If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT OF THE UPPER AND LOWER CERVICAL SPINE
March 15 - March 17$650
BOC Essential Level
The goal of this class is to present the arthrokinematics of motion of the upper and lower cervical spine as it applies to both normal and dysfunction movement pattern. Upper cervical biomechanics and lower cervical biomechanics will be differentiated so as to have a clearer understanding of pain pattern presentation.
Assessment and treatment will include Muscle Energy Techniques, Counterstrain, Travell concepts and myofascial techniques will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of Occiput, Atlas and Axis somatic dysfunction.
- Identify the concepts and components of the lower cervical vertebrae somatic dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the upper and lower cervical spine.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the upper and lower cervical spine, including facet arthrokinematics, Fryette’s laws of spinal motion, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Muscle Energy Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
INSTRUCTOR: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, March 15, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 16, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, March 17, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811