If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
EVALUATION & MANUAL TREATMENT OF HEADACHE SYNDROMES
April 17 - April 19
This course will examine the various dysfunctions causing head pain seen in the manual practice. The differences in head pain and face pain will be discussed. The various forms of headache will be examined and strategies for the treatment of each will be discussed.
The differential diagnosis of pain in the head region will be examined and compared. By the completion of the course, the participants should be able to differentiate between the various forms of head pain and formulate strategies for the treatment of each.
BOC ESSENTIAL LEVEL
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in producing head pain and headache.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the of the trigeminal system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the upper cervical spine affects the overall presentation musculoskeletal head pain. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Osteopathic Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, April 17, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, April 19, 2020 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811