Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF THE CRANIAL SYSTEM
June 19 - June 21
BOC Advanced Level
Registration Cost: $650
Treatment of the cranium will be explored by studying several different cranial approaches and theories. A comparison of the a Kinections Biomechanical Approach to the cranial concepts will be compared to osteopathic pioneers William Sutherland, Charlotte Weaver, and Beryl Arbuckle will be compared and contrasted. Different treatment and assessment techniques will be employed.
The lab portion of the class will include demonstration and practice of various treatment techniques of the face and skull using different treatment strategies.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of cranial dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers forces.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the cranial system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the cranium affects the overall function of the body, and utilizing different models in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex cranial dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, June 19, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, June 20, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, June 21, 2020 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Last Day to Book: Monday, June 8, 2020
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union for 135 USD per night
Book your group rate for Kinections Group