Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
INFECTIONS SERIES 1 – VIRUS, BACTERIA, AND YEAST AND M.A.L.T. – BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATIENT MANAGEMENT
September 23, 2016 @ 9:00 am - September 25, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
Basic concepts of management of patients who present with co-morbidity of different infections and other related systemic dysfunctions will be addressed from the perspective of treatment through Manual Therapies. The different inflammatory cascades that each entity produces will be compared and contrasted.
Assessment and treatment will be a broad range of different Manual modalities to enhance recovery and return to health.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of the inflammatory cascade.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal inflammatory markers and their implication in health and disease.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal of the neural hormonal cascade and how this is different between acute and chronic conditions.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of inflammatory dysfunction in the different tissues and systems of the body areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, September 23, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, September 24, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, September 25, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM