Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
INTEGRATED LOWER EXTREMITY, PELVIS, AND LUMBAR SPINE
May 13, 2016 @ 9:00 am - May 15, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
This class picks up from where the Introduction to Pelvis, Sacrum, and Lumbar Spine leave off. This class will address the next level of Muscle Energy Technique and integrate both lower extremity biomechanics with long lever and short lever adaptations. We will look at different biomechanical, fascial, neurological and immunological functions of the pelvis and lower extremities.
Assessment and treatment will include Muscle Energy Techniques, Counterstrain, Travell concepts and myofascial techniques will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the Pelvis, including sacroiliac motion, iliosacral motion, sacral axes of motion, and lower extremity involvement in load transfer.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the Lumbar Spine and lower extrimity, including facet arthrokinematics, Fryette’s laws of spinal motion, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the Lumbar Spine and lower extremity, including facet arthrokinematics, Fryette’s laws of spinal motion, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Apply Muscle Energy Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, May 13, 2015 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, May 14, 2015 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, May 15, 2015 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM