Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
INTEGRATED LOWER EXTREMITY, PELVIS AND LUMBAR SPINE
September 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - October 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0$650
This course expands upon previous training in manual medicine in the use of muscle contraction as an activating force.
Expansion of the structural diagnostic process includes definitive diagnosis of dysfunctions of the bony pelvis and diagnosis of dysfunctions on the vertebral column, which are reviewed.
This class also addresses the next level of Muscle Energy concepts and integrates both lower extremity biomechanics with long lever and short lever adaptations. We look at different biomechanical, fascial, neurological, and immunological functions of the pelvis and lower extremities.
Assessment and treatment include:
- Muscle energy techniques
- Counterstrain technique
- Travell concepts
- Myofascial techniques
Note: These will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers affecting the pelvic girdle.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the locomotor system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the pelvis affects the overall lymphatic endocrine function and the role of stress. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Osteopathic Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Thursday, September 14, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, September 15, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, September 16, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM