- This event has passed.
INTEGRATED UPPER EXTREMITY IN SPORT AND WORKPLACE
March 18, 2016 @ 9:00 am - March 20, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
Integrated function of the cervical and thoracic, scapular, clavicular and costal structures will be addressed in lecture and laboratory sessions. Integrated biomechanics, anatomy and embryology will be discussed in relation to dysfunction patterning in the work place and sports activities.
Several treatment concepts will be presented including Muscle Energy, Inhibitory Technique and other manual techniques associated with normalizing biomechanical dysfunction.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the cervical and thoracic, scapular, clavicular and costal structures.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the, cervical and thoracic, scapular, clavicular and costal structures including facet arthrokinematics, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Muscle Energy Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, March 18, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 19, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, March 20, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM