- This event has passed.
INTEGRATED UPPER EXTREMITY IN SPORT AND WORKPLACE
February 23 - February 25$650
BOC Advanced Level
Integrated function of the cervical and thoracic, scapular, clavicular and costal structures will be addressed in lecture and laboratory sessions.
Integrated biomechanics, anatomy and embryology will be discussed in relation to dysfunction patterning in the work place and sports activities.
Several treatment concepts will be presented including Muscle Energy, Inhibitory Technique and other manual techniques associated with normalizing biomechanical dysfunction.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers affecting the shoulder girdle.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the upper quadrant.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the upper extremity affects the overall lymphatic function in posture and the role of stress. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, February 23, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, February 24, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, February 25, 2018 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811