Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
INTRODUCTION TO PELVIS, SACRUM AND LUMBAR SPINE
September 9, 2016 @ 8:00 am - September 11, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
The goal of this class is to present concepts of motion of the pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine as it applies to both normal and dysfunctional bio-mechanical motion. Specific normal load bearing biomechanics and gait will be presented as it applies to lower extremities and how forces are translated from heel strike up into the pelvic/lumbar region. Specific sacral biomechanics of motion and dysfunction will be addressed in both in lecture and lab.
Several treatment concepts will be presented including Muscle Energy Technique, inhibitory technique, and other manual techniques associated with normalizing pelvic girdle bio-mechanical function. An intensive review of functional anatomy will be included in lab time.
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the Pelvis, including sacroiliac motion, iliosacral motion, and sacral axes of motion.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the Lumbar Spine, including facet arthokinecmatics, Fryette’s laws of spinal motion, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Muscle Energy Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Neal O’Neal, PT
Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Dennis Eaton, PT
Ed Elder ATC, Lab assistant
Friday, September 9, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, September 10, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, September 11, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM