Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
MANUAL ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT OF THE AGING PATIENT
December 6, 2019 - December 8, 2019$650
BOC Essential Level
This class will present fundamental concepts of the aging patient through their gerontology phase and provide practical and theoretical perspectives to help you gain a broader understanding of this type of patient. Worldwide, the proportion of aged 60 years or older is expected to increase from 10% worldwide to 22% in 2050, with the steepest rise in the next 25 years. In order to better manage this aging populace clinicians need to change their treatment approach to match their immunological, biomechanical and physiological changes associated with aging.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of the aging patient in regards to physiological adaptations.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal aging processes and provide assessment for those changes.
- Formulate a working knowledge of geriatric physiology and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the aging patients physiological state for implications of somatic dysfunction in the areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the aging patients physiology and dysfunction.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT,CAMTC
Friday, December 6, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, December 7, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811