If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
MANUAL ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT OF THE PELVIS, SACRUM & LUMBAR SPINE
April 3 - April 5
The goal of this class is to present concepts of motion of the pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine as it applies to both normal and dysfunctional bio-mechanical motion. Specific normal load bearing biomechanics and gait will be presented as it applies to lower extremities and how forces are translated from heel strike up into the pelvic/lumbar region. Specific sacral biomechanics of motion and dysfunction will be addressed in both in lecture and lab.
Several treatment concepts will be presented including Muscle Energy Technique, inhibitory technique, and other manual techniques associated with normalizing pelvic girdle bio-mechanical function. An intensive review of functional anatomy will be included in lab time.
BOC ESSENTIAL LEVEL
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers affecting the pelvic girdle.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the locomotor system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the pelvis affects the overall function of the musculoskeletal. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Osteopathic Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, April 3, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 4 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, April 5, 2020 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Evolutions Institute of SOMA Instruction
104 N. Pete Ellis Drive, Suite A
Bloomington, IN 47408
Hotels Close By
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bloomington
501 N College Ave, Bloomington, IN 47404