If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
MANUAL ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT TO PELVIS, SACRUM AND LUMBAR SPINE
June 22, 2018 - June 24, 2018$650
BOC Essential Level
The goal of this class is to present concepts of motion of the pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine as it applies to both normal and dysfunctional bio-mechanical motion. Specific normal load bearing biomechanics and gait will be presented as it applies to lower extremities and how forces are translated from heel strike up into the pelvic/lumbar region. Specific sacral biomechanics of motion and dysfunction will be addressed in both in lecture and lab.
Several treatment concepts will be presented including Muscle Energy Technique, inhibitory technique, and other manual techniques associated with normalizing pelvic girdle bio-mechanical function. An intensive review of functional anatomy will be included in lab time.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers affecting the pelvic girdle.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the locomotor system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the pelvis affects the overall function of the musculoskeletal. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Osteopathic Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.Target Audience:Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Co-Instructor: Lynn Johnson, PT, AT
Friday, June 22, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM ; 1:30-5:30 PM
Saturday, June 23, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM; 1:30-5:30 PM
Sunday, June 24, 2018 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Here is the on-line booking link to make reservations directly to the website: begin the reservation process by selecting ‘Confirm Reservation’, once you click on the link below.
Note: by clicking ‘Confirm Reservation’, this will begin the process to make a new reservation under the group block, and you will be prompted from there to select stay dates, room preferences, etc.
It is not necessary to click the ‘X’ in the upper right corner, as this will prompt you to remove the special group rate access code assigned for Kinections Inc. altogether.
The Grove Hotel
245 S Capitol Blvd, Boise ID 83702
Phone: (208) 333-8000 | Fax: (208) 333-8800
Hotel Website: grovehotelboise.com