If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
MANUAL THERAPY FOUNDATIONS AND APPLICATIONS FOR SYNACTIVE RESPIRATORY BALANCE, FUNCTION AND DEVELOPMENT IN NICU AND PICU INFANTS
June 24, 2016 @ 9:00 am - June 26, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
This course will include a series of lectures and hands on laboratory that will explore the use of Synactive Manual Therapies for the infant with respiratory complications and pathologies.
Our focus will be on the delivery of true individualized manual assessment and treatment for the NICU/PICU infant.
We will combine anatomy, physiology, and embryology as the basis for the application of our therapeutic interventions.
This Neuro-Embryological developmental format will utilize the Synactive Theory and Newborn Individualized Developmental Care and Assessment Program (NIDCAP) foundations as the rational for manual treatment of respiratory health across the spectrum of respiratory pathologies.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of infant with respiratory complications and pathologies.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal respiratory health in infants.
Formulate a working knowledge of Neuro-Embryological developmental format and utilize the Synactive Theory and Newborn Individualized
- Developmental Care and Assessment Program (NIDCAP) foundations as the rational for manual treatment of respiratory health across the spectrum of respiratory pathologies., and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply individualized manual assessment and treatment for the NICU/PICU infant and techniques to change the areas of respiratory dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
John Chapel PT
Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, June 24, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, June 25, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, June 26, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM