- This event has passed.
NEUROMUSCULAR EDUCATION AND EXERCISE PRESCRIPTION FOR MANUAL PRACTITIONERS
January 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - January 22, 2017 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Essential Level
This class puts together a rational approach to the neuromuscular retraining of common somatic dysfunctions. The concepts of inhibition, weakness and movement impairment will be discussed and appropriate exercise programs will be demonstrated to maintain proper muscle function post Manual Therapy treatment. We develop the concept of neuromuscular imbalance as a contributor to chronic musculoskeletal dysfunction and provide assessment and treatment for those dysfunctions.
We will look at five essential elements of motor learning for neuroplasticity:
- Cognition – awareness and understanding of the process
- Activity – voluntary movement to reinforce normalization
- Feedback – proprioceptive, verbal or visual
- Repetition – repeating the pattern correctly
- Similarity (transference) principle – learning what we practice
Each element is an essential part of the exercise prescription for reinforcement of Manual Therapy.
The lectures provide a clear understanding of why systematic exercise approaches are best for each area covered. The approaches are also presented in lab so they make good physiological sense for minimizing relapsing chronic musculoskeletal dysfunction.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of muscular dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal imbalances as a contributor to chronic musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Formulate a working knowledge of imbalances in the muscular system, and use this model in organizing an assessment and exercise treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate exercise treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to enhance the areas of muscular dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, January 20, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, January 21, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, January 22, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM