If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
PALPATION AND ASSESSMENT SKILLS FOR MANUAL PRACTITIONERS
February 10, 2017 @ 9:00 am - February 12, 2017 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Essential Level
Palpation skills are the central component of a Manual Therapy clinical practice. They are essential to correctly evaluate somatic dysfunctions and master treatment techniques. Furthermore, they ensure clinicians’ efficiency since palpatory findings mainly determine the accuracy of clinical reasoning.
Palpation is a complex task that requires many types of knowledge: motor skills, perceptual skills, and a therapeutic attitude.
This class will introduce a 7 step palpation method: P.A.L.P.A.T.E.
Addition of perceptual component
- Evaluate or normalize
The lectures provide a clear understanding as to the “why” of specific palpation approaches. The “how” of these approaches will be presented in lab, demonstrating how they make good physiological sense, and ultimately minimizing mistakes.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of tissue palpation.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal tissue texture.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the seven-step palpation method and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of tissue dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, February 10, 2017– 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, February 11, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, February 12, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM