If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
POTTENGER’S VISCERAL NEUROLOGY APPLIED TO TREATMENT OF FOREGUT, MIDGUT AND HIND GUT
November 4, 2016 @ 9:00 am - November 6, 2016 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
The practice of manual therapies is a continuous attempt on the part of the practitioner to understand the manner in which the patient expresses disease through their physiologic systems. This class will go into deep detail of the neurological segmentation of the spine as it relates to control and function of the specific visceral organ. We will explain the symptoms of visceral dysfunction from the standpoint of embryological innervation as well as dysfunction.
Laboratory sessions will include targeted treatment that relies on current scientific understanding of the interrelationships between the viscera and the spinal levels of control. Different manual treatment approaches will be included in the treatment of different dysfunctions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of neurological segmentation of the spine.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal neurological segmentation of the spine as it relates to control and function of the specific visceral organ.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal and abnormal neurological segmentation of the spine as it relates to control and function of the specific visceral organ and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of spinal and visceral dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, November 4, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, November 5, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 6, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM