If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
SIGNS, REFLEXES, AND SYNDROMES IN CLINICAL PRACTICE
January 25 - January 27$650
BOC Essential Level
Physical signs, reflexes and syndromes often prove to be valuable in the making of an assessment or diagnosis of patients that present to us in our clinical settings. A symptom is any subjective evidence of dysfunction that can lead to disease while a sign is any objective evidence of the dysfunction that can lead to disease. Therefore, a symptom is a phenomenon that is experienced by the individual affected by the dysfunction, while a sign is a phenomenon that can be detected by someone other than the individual affected by that dysfunction.
This class will try to breach the signs, reflexes and syndromes that present into clinical settings and provide insight into how to classify the systems of the body that may be implicated.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of signs, reflexes and syndrome dysfunction.
- Identify the concepts and components of the objective and subjective dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the of the musculoskeletal system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal physiological organ systems and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the physiological implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
INSTRUCTOR: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, January 25, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, January 27, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811