If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
SPORTS SPECIFIC SERIES 1 – FOOTBALL, RUGBY, SOCCER
April 29, 2016 @ 8:00 am - May 1, 2016 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0$650
Contact sports are changing in relationship to certain injuries, training and recovery. This class will look at specific biomechanical needs and requirements of each sport. Understanding the proper movement pattern will help establish normative values in relationship to injury and recovery. The most common injuries will be discussed as well as adaptive and compensatory injuries.
Assessment and treatment will include Muscle Energy Techniques, Counterstrain, Travell concepts and myofascial techniques will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.
There will also be a lab session on treating the athlete with concussion symptoms and return to play requirements.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of injuries within contact sports and the joint structures and areas of involved.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanics of the Pelvis, Hip, knee , ankle and shoulders joints.
- Formulate a working knowledge of normal biomechanics of the pelvis, hip, knee, ankle and shoulder including joint arthrokinematics, assessment and return to play, and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the biomechanical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment and safe return to play.
- Apply Muscle Energy Techniques, Counterstrain and Travell concepts to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,ATC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, ATC, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, April 29, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 30, 2016 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2016 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM