Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
- This event has passed.
TRAVEL TRIGGER POINT & STRAINCOUNTERSTRAIN – AN OSTEOPATHIC APPROACH
January 31 - February 2
BOC Essential Level
Dr. Travell defined a Trigger Point as “a hyperirritable spot in skeletal muscle that is associated with a hypersensitive palpable nodule in a taut band. The spot is tender when pressed and can give rise to characteristic referred pain, motor dysfunction, and autonomic phenomena.
Counterstain is a system of diagnosis and treatment that considers the dysfunction to be a continuing, inappropriate strain reflex, which is inhibited by applying a position of mild strain in the direction exactly opposite to that of the reflex; this is accomplished by specific directed positioning about the point of tenderness to achieve the desired therapeutic response.
This class will tie together the two different systems into a complimentary system of assessment and treatment through the Osteopathic concepts and philosophy.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the Travell Trigger points and Counterstrain points.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the musculoskeletal system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how Travell Trigger points and Counterstrain affects the overall biomechanics and, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, January 31, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, February 1, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, February 2, 2020 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811