Please be sure to read our Class Cancellation Policy before registering for classes.
TREATING THE THORACIC SPINE, RIBS & STERNUM – EBP CLASS
October 9 - October 11
Registration Cost: $650
The thoracic cage is one of the most complicated areas in a manual practice. Understanding this area separates you from your peers. This course gives the participant an appreciation of the interrelationships of the various components of the thoracic cage. Emphasis is on the effect of dysfunction on the entire mechanism as it relates to overall health.
The thoracic cage joints, ligaments, muscles, diaphragm, fascia, vascular, and neural components will be discussed from an embryology, vertebral, rib biomechanics and arthrokinematics standpoint.
Assessment and treatment include:
– Muscle energy techniques
– Counterstrain technique
– Travell concepts
– Myofascial techniques
Note: These will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of thoracic, ribs, and sternal dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal arthrokinematics of thoracic, ribs, and sternal dysfunction.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the thoracic, ribs, and sternal dysfunction in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the autonomic implications of somatic dysfunction of the thoracic, ribs, and sternal dysfunction in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, October 9, 2020 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, October 10 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, October 11, 2020 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Residence Inn Boise City Center
400 S. Capitol Blvd
Boise, Idaho 83702