UNDERSTANDING EMBRYOLOGY IN A MANUAL THERAPY PRACTICE
November 1, 2019 - November 3, 2019$650
BOC Essential Level
This class presents a practical examination of how the human body develops and how this development can lead to specific patterns of adaption, dysfunction and ultimately disease states.
Only by understanding where tissues originate can we fully understand the different patterns of dysfunction that seemingly have no relationship with each other.
Lectures will focus on the overall development of the systems of the body and how they communicate with each other. The neurological, visceral, musculoskeletal and endocrine systems will all be covered. Specific treatment concepts will be demonstrated to allow students to integrate embryology into their clinical practice.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – NATA/BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
1. Identify the concepts and components of embryology the midline structures.
2. Differentiate between normal and abnormal embryological development
3. Formulate a working knowledge of the imbalances in the developmental biology and use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
4. Assess the embryological derivatives and its implications for somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
5. Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the embryological input and change dysfunction.
Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, November 1, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, November 2, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 3, 2019 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811