- This event has passed.
January 19 @ 9:00 am - January 21 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Essential Level
This class will continue to separate the myth from the facts about when, why, and how to deal with flexibility and motion restriction problems.
There continues to be many misconceptions about how to treat different musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Standard medical experts claim one thing while research claims another.
This class will present further scientific, logical and current ways in which to deal with the certain musculoskeletal issue seen in every day practice.
The lab portion of the class will present treatment techniques that will be specific to various movement dysfunctions. Assessment and treatment will look at the musculoskeletal system, and how to start to dispel myth from scientific fact.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of somatic dysfunction that are involved in the long and short levers affecting the pelvic girdle.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal biomechanical function of the locomotor system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the pelvis affects the overall lymphatic endocrine function and the role of stress. Be able to use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of complex somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Osteopathic Manual Techniques to change the areas of somatic dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Co-Instructor: Ed Elder, AT
Friday, January 19, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, January 20, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, January 21, 2018 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811