If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
UPPER AND LOWER CERVICAL SPINE
March 24, 2017 @ 9:00 am - March 26, 2017 @ 12:00 pm UTC+0$650
BOC Essential Level
The goal of this class is to present the arthrokinematics of motion of the upper and lower cervical spine as it applies to both normal and dysfunction movement pattern. Upper cervical biomechanics and lower cervical biomechanics are differentiated to establish a clearer understanding of pain pattern presentation.
Assessment and treatment include:
– Muscle energy techniques
– Counterstrain technique
– Travell concepts
– Myofascial techniques
Note: These will be employed and demonstrated in laboratory sessions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #775 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of cervical dysfunction.
- Differentiate between normal and arthrokinematics of the upper and lower cervical spine.
- Formulate a working knowledge of the muscular and ligamentous strain pattern in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the cervical implications of somatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Therapy Techniques to change the areas of joint dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, MT, SP, CAMTC
Friday, March 24, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 25, 2017 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, March 26, 2017 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM