If you are interested in sponsoring classes contact us!
- This event has passed.
VISCERAL NEUROLOGY APPLIED TO THE GASTROINTESTINAL SYSTEM – A POTTENGERS APPROACH
October 12, 2018 - October 14, 2018$650
BOC Advanced Level
The practice of manual therapies is a continuous attempt on the part of the practitioner to understand the manner in which the patient expresses disease through their physiologic systems. This class will go into deep detail of the neurological segmentation of the spine as it relates to control and function of the specific visceral organ. We will explain the symptoms of visceral dysfunction from the standpoint of embryological innervation as well as dysfunction.
Laboratory sessions will include targeted treatment that relies on current scientific understanding of the interrelationships between the viscera and the spinal levels of control. Different manual treatment approaches will be included in the treatment of different dysfunctions.
18 contact hours – 18 1-A hours anticipated – BOC Approved Provider #P8765 NCBTMB Approved Provider #1597 AMBP School Member #1084335
At the conclusion of the presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the concepts and components of visceral dysfunction that are involved in patient presentation.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal motility and mobility of the GI system.
- Formulate a working knowledge of how the viscera affects the overall health and function of the immune and nutritional system. And, use this model in organizing an assessment and treatment plan.
- Assess the implications of viscerosomatic dysfunction in the same areas in order to provide appropriate treatment.
- Apply Manual Visceral Techniques to change the areas of visceral dysfunction.
Target Audience: Healthcare providers including, but not limited to: MD,DO,PT,AT,DC,MT,RN,OT, and other licensed or certified healthcare providers.
Lead Instructor: Lino Cedros, AT, OMT, CAMTC
Friday, October 12, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2018 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2018 – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Venue: Sacramento Campus
Venue Phone: 916-441-5094
Address: 1221 S Street, Sacramento, California, 95811